To help the students get confidence in arranging and managing huge events like National Seminars, NDIM holds such events regularly in collaboration with various Govt. and non-Govt. departments. The students get the opportunity to get enlightened by the expert views of the great speakers from Research, Academic and industry backgrounds.
1. In house Seminar on Women Empowerment
NDIM organised a daylong seminar to Celebrate Women's Day on 8th March, 2017. The day began with the lamp lighting by Ms. Bindu Kumar, Chairperson and Dr. MM maheshwari, Principal
The highlight of the day was "Empowerment Talk" where eminent speakers, Dr. Monika - a motivational speaker, Ms. Dipika – a spiritual motivator, Mr. Gaurav Dhamija – a holistic healer & astro counselor and Ms. Simmi Bhandari as Freelance activist shared their thoughts on the notion. The day culminated with an exhaustive question answer round in which students askes several questions on topics related to power of women, empowerment and its ways and means, etc.
Towards the end, Ms. Bindu Kumar delivered a vote of thanks for all the eminent speakers.
2. "In house Seminar on Emotional Intelligence amongst students".
NDIM organized a day long In house Seminar on 2nd Nov., 2016 at New Delhi Institute of Management, 61, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi-110062 on the topic "Emotional Intelligence amongst students". The following experts were invited to highlight the thrust areas of emotional stability and recommended very effective ways of managing emotions to the audience.
Pre Lunch Session
- Mr. Subhash Jagota, Director, Global Business Solutions
- Mr. Rajesh Agarwal, Motivational speaker & Behavioral expert
- Mrs.Raj Tambi Mentor Art of Living
Post Lunch session
- Sister Jayanti Brahmakumaris Delhi
- Dr. Rohit Garg,Psychologist, Delhi
- Dr. Meenakshi Kaushik, Associate Professor, NDIM
The speakers introduced the concept of emotional intelligence and its benefits. They highlighted the importance of emotional quotient over intelligence quotient. The session also included some practical test for checking the emotional stability of students and faculty members. They also discussed in detail the five emotional intelligence competencies.
3. Seminar on 'Contemporary Issues in Financial Services and International Business.'
NDIM successfully organized a day long National Seminar on 9th September, 2016 at New Delhi Institute of Management campus on the topic "Contemporary Issues in Financial Services and International Business".
To make the seminar invigorating and knowledge filled, experts from different areas including academics and industry were invited. These included:
- Mr. D. S. Rawat. Secretary General at ASSOCHAM
- Mr. Vikramaditya Ugra,General Manager EXIM Bank.
- Dr. Amitabh Maheshwari,Associate Professor,Finance, Jiwaji University.
- Dr.Ajay Jha,Professor,Sikkim Manipal University.
- Dr Mr.Bikas Pilaniwala,Indirect Taxation Head,Apollo Tyers Ltd.
- Dr.Prabhat Pankaj,Professor International Business Jaipuria Institute of Management.
The experts shared their views on recent trends in financial services and discussed the importance of balance of trade and balance of payments to the development of macroeconomic policy.
4. 'In house Seminar on Management Practices for the New Economy.'
NDIM organized a day long in house Seminar on 28th April, 2016 at its campus on the topic "Management Practices for the New Economy". The following experts were invited to highlight the various emerging management practices in this global economy.
Pre Lunch Session
- Mr. Prathmesh Mishra, Vice President Marketing, USL.
- Dr Birajit Mohanty, Associate Professor, school of Business & Commerce, Manipal Universtiy Jaipur.
- Mr. BL Narayan, HR head Capgemini India.
The speakers shared their knowledge by focussing on the management practices of successful enterprises who have managed to survive and remain dominant in their industries over the last 50 yrs. The students also were given the opportunity to raise questions and get their doubts clarified.
5. National seminar on 'Strengthening Strategies, Shaping Policies and Empowering Personnel: Key to Organizational Competitiveness.'
NDIM organized a one day National Seminar on 4th March, 2016 at New Delhi Institute of Management, 61, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi-110062 on the topic "Strengthening Strategies, Shaping Policies and Empowering Personnel: Key to Organizational Competitiveness". The following experts were invited:
First Technical Session
- Dr. Manjula Chaudhary: Professor and Dean, Kurukshetra University
- Mr. Shiv Agrawal: Managing Director, ABC Consultant, New Delhi.
- Mr. Manish Kumar: MD & CEO, NSDC visited IL&FS Institute.
Second Technical Session
- Mr.Mukesh Sisodia: Training and Development Manager Alkem Pharmaceuticals.
- Mr. Naveen Narasappa: HR Head Honeywell, New Delhi
- Mr. Ankit Mehta: Head, Dealing & Administration, Five Three Alpha Capital Advisors Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai.
The speakers highlighted the issues and practices that contribute in redefining business operations through intellectual amalgamation of strategy, policies and Personnel and definitely in presence of restructured yet simplified technologies.